Find other like-minded fans at Ascendio by coordinating a meet-up! From shippers to doll enthusiasts, even to fans of other fandoms (Hunger Games! Sherlock! Game of Thrones!), meet-ups are a great way to connect with other con-goers who love the same things.
Ascendio Meet-Up Chair Noe is happy to assist groups in finding space to meet at the convention. We will have limited rooms available during formal programming hours, but most rooms will be available to book after-hours — large meeting spaces will be allocated to groups on a first-come, first-served basis. Outside food is permitted in programming rooms, so now’s the time to plan that Remus/Sirius indoor picnic!
What spaces are available? Most Formal Programming spaces are available during non-FP hours — after 7 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. Many rooms will be available Thursday afternoon, as well. Other “official” spaces may be available during day time hours on Friday & Saturday, on a limited basis.
Private, “bookable” spaces:
- Large ballroom space can hold approximately 400 people. Very limited availability.
- 1-2 rooms that can hold approximately 160 people. Set-up will be round tables with chairs or theatre style
- 2-4 rooms that can hold approximately 60 people.
- 1 room that can hold 30 people
- An private, outdoor courtyard (with gazebo!) accessible via the con space, that can hold approximately 100-150
- Villa Piazza, aka “Malfoy Manor Gardens” — perfect for a garden party for large groups of 50-100. This space will likely host Live Wizard Chess and Quidditch
- 1-2 private hospitality suites, which are set up living room style and also feature a dining room table set-up. Great for groups of 20-40 who want an intimate, private party atmosphere with lots of seating.
Public, awesome spaces, ideal for groups of 20 or less: (beware: Muggles may be present!)
- The Hillside Pool, aka the “secret pool” aka “The Prefect’s Bathroom” — ideal for 20-30 people to have a pool party. The hotel staff tells us guests rarely use this pool, so Muggles should be at a minimum.
- The Beach Pool, which features a giant water slide and a bar, a great spot for 10-20 people wanting to have a pool party — beware, Muggles will likely be present! (but you can stake out one area)
- The Villa Pool, which is known as the “grown-up pool,” and should have fewer Muggle children present. Good for groups of 10-20 who want to stake out an area (or a hot tub).
- The Thirsty Fish — chic bar with comfy couches and yummy appetizers. Great for a group of 10-15.
- The main piazza — an outdoor courtyard that looks like an Italian piazza (really!) that is located just off of Registration and can hold up to 150 people.
(for more information on the pool areas, please click here)
To request meet-up space and/or submit your meet-up information for the Ascendio program, please use the below form, or click through to this link.