Volunteer to help make Ascendio magical!
Calling all witches, wizards, squibs, and all other fantastical, magical beings! Still not sure what volunteering is about? Want to be entered for a chance to win groovy prizes? Like rewards for your efforts?? Come to the Volunteer Orientations (s)! Times and locations below. The first one is Thursday 11 a.m. in DaVinci. I can ‘t wait to meet all of you!!
- Join us for the Volunteer Orientation meeting tonight (Wednesday) in the Slash Suite (Rm 2328 Villa Wing) at 8 p.m. Bring your friends! Sign up to Volunteer! It’s a great way to meet new people & make life-long friends – See you there!
- There is a Volunteer Orientation /Social on Thursday at 11 in the DaVinci Room.
- Volunteer Orientations
- Wednesday night – 8 p.m. in Slash suite
- Thursday – 11 a.m.
- Friday – 9:30 a.m. at the Meet & Greet and again at 3:30 outside the Common Room
- Saturday – 8:30 a.m. and again at 4 p.m. outside the Common Room
Ailene, our Volunteer Coordinator, wants to hear from YOU. If you’re interested in helping out with Ascendio, there’s something terrific for you to do in Orlando in July. Remember, you need a registration for the day(s) that you want to volunteer, except that everyone is invited to help out on Wednesday when we stuff registration packs, to work the door at the To the Manor Ball, and on Sunday for the Auction and Raffle.
Some of the areas where you can help include:
- Security (you get a cool t-shirt!)
- Programming Prefects (essentially room monitors for Formal Programming sessions)
- Common Room staff (help monitor our Common Room… and enjoy the festivities at the same time!)
- Registration desk
- Meet & Greet desk (love to give directions/explain things to people? This is for you!)
- Decorations (on site, this includes decorating before the ball, and more!)
Click here or scroll down to fill out the Volunteer Form and be placed in our Database; someone from either the Volunteer Desk or the specific committee you’re interested in will contact you within a day or two.
Ascendio is run entirely by volunteers. From the board and senior staff to the on-site volunteers, HPEF events wouldn’t be what they are without help and commitment from its attendees. By volunteering, you can help shape Ascendio, meet fellow fans before the symposium, and gain an insider’s viewpoint to event planning.